Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Search Your Lesson

Would

Photobucket
Photobucket


Using "Would" in Present, Past, and Future

Modal UsePositive Forms
1. = Present   2. = Past   3. = Future
Negative Forms
1. = Present   2. = Past   3. = Future
You can
also use:
would
conditional
1. If I were president, I would cut the cost of education.2. If I had been president, I would have cut the cost of education.
3. If I were elected president next year, I would cut the cost of education.
1. If I were president, I would not raise taxes.2. If I had been president, I would not have raised taxes.
3. If I were president, I would not sign the tax increase next week.
would
past of "will"
I said I would help you.He told me he would be here before 8:00.I said I wouldn't help you.He told me he would not be here before 8:00.
would
repetition in past
When I was a kid, I would always go to the beach.When he was young, he would always do his homework.When I was a kid, I wouldn't go into the water by myself.When he got older, he would never do his homework.used to

FMore Modal verbs
èOur culture èAbout our blogs èComments on LEB èProfessional CoursesèHelp


3 comments:

  1. maxxa...we wish you all the best lanka english book

    ReplyDelete
  2. maxxa widiyata godak mahansi wela padam akata link karala thiyenawa ....apiwa english walata unandu kirima gana thanks....jaya wewa

    ReplyDelete